Friday, September 13, 2013

Google+'s New Photo Editing Features



Google decided to roll out new old features to their cloud photo editing options. To be honest, I'm not sure if they retired PicNik or just buried it somewhere else, but the new features are desktop (well, Chrome-top) versions of their popular on-the-go Android app, Snapseed. Why Chrome-top? Apparently the feature is not available unless you're using the Chrome web browser, or presumably the ChromeOS.

 Maybe the Picnik features are still available to other browser users? I'll have to check and update this post.

To find this feature, using Chrome, log into your Google+ account. On the left hand side, choose Photos and then a photo. Once the individual image is open in the lightbox, there should be an Edit option on the top row above the picture. Then edit away... just like Snapseed.

Here's the first image I decided to test this feature on and below I'll post the image from when I edited this with Snapseed on the go many, many, many moons ago:



Originally, I edited this image using the Snapseed app on my Note II.



And here's the unedited original Android shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment